Not a very productive 3 weeks!
- more images of the cottage by artificial light
- lots of attempts at studio work for exercise 4.4 – with variable success
- Stephen Shore – The Nature of Photographs, interesting and easy to follow
- Leibesleid – Rut Blees Luxemberg – fascinating images especially when read alongside the prose poem accompaniment.
- The photographic Image in Digital Culture – Martin Lister – complex arguments about what is an image when it is made up of pixels and electrons in the ether. Does how the image is made matter? Is it the vision or the actual print that is important – how does it effect indexicality.
- How do I portray autism in images –
- can I use items from the ADOS (diagnostic) kit – looking at imaginative versus concrete thinking
- how do you show altered sensation?- overlay sensory organ with something else – or is that too obvious
- About light and its role in photography – Todd v Luxemberg v Shintaro
- From Notes – quote by Robert Frank ‘Tell them to make work that is close to their heart. It seems to me that no-one can expect more than this’ (Notes, Autumn-Winter 2016, p 18).
Attended the Study Day in Glasgow – needs a write up.