This is a combined summary of the last few weeks!
- Magnum gig at Workington
- happy with these as I got a good position and the light was reasonable
- Bad Touch gig in Newcastle
- less happy here as the room was very dark and even on ISO 64000 there ended up with a lot of noise – needed a lot of post-processing to give OK images
- Images on the beach at Torryburn for the coal coast homage
- Some images in Newcastle and Workington of general area
- Started photoing objects for long-term project on autism
- small things that change your life
- continuing with Barratts book on criticism – finding this very useful as it is making me think about what I am looking at in alternative ways.
- BJP – December issue – concentrated on Eastern Bloc then and now
- Boris Mikhailov – (Russian photographer – now living in Berlin) – work shown in some detail – very challenging to the eye, certainly not conventionally pretty in any way. Worth exploring further.
- Selfie by Will Storr – about the formation of the self in the modern world
- Don McCullin – Artists Rooms at Dumfries
- New Contemporaries at the Baltic
- Starless Night at the Baltic
- Gordon Parks at the Side
- Syd Shelton at the Side
- how to present A5 – without it being pretty
- how do you represent a feeling /sensation in an image?